Friday, 8 November 2013

Hair Care Products

Posted by Olivia Jayne at 06:00
Personally, I've never been one to do alot with my hair. Occasionally I might straighten/curl it but most of the time it's just thrown up into a ponytail, nothing special. However after watching youtube videos and reading blogs, I've become much more keen to try new things with my hair so during my trip to the USA I have browsed around supermarkets and pharmacies and these are some of the products I've chosen.


The first product I will be reviewing is the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo. Personally, I really like this shampoo, mostly the scent. It doesn't particularly smell different to any other shampoo but I love it. As for how my hair feels after using this product, it does do its job by cleaning my hair and makes it quite soft but I wouldn't really say there was any special or unique about it. It doesn't really thicken, detangle or lighten your hair but I like it.


The next product I will be reviewing is the Fructis Style Ultra strong Thickening mousse by Garnier. I do really like this product, I find that it does make your hair appear thicker but personally, I don't like how much work is needed to use this product. You have to apply this to dry hair and then blow dry it using a round brush and really for me, drying my hair is my least favourite thing to do so having to dry it twice is horrible. I also find that this product leaves your hair feeling quite stale and can often make it look greasy. However this product does smell very fruity and nice and I enjoy the way it makes my hair smell.


My next product is another Fructis product but this one is the Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil for hair, body and face. I really like this product, I think that it is very inexpensive and you get a lot for your money as it has 3 uses. This product smells fruity and delicious once again however I don't particularly love the way it feels on my skin. It is a matter of opinion but personally I'm not a fan of the oily texture it gives my skin however it does do its job by hydrating. I love this product for my hair, for me, it acts as more than just a shine booster, but also a softener and great de-tangler. When I used this product, I sprayed it on damp hair and left it to air dry, I found that whilst my hair was still damp it felt and looked great but then as soon as it dried, my hair looked greasy and straw-like. I also found that when using this product I have to wash my hair a lot more often so if that is something you hate, I wouldn't recommend this for you. This may be different if I blow-dried my hair but I just hated the way my hair looked dry.



The next product I will be reviewing is Sun In Hair Lightening Spray. I found this spray very effective with after only using the product twice people convinced I had dyed my hair. I love this spray although the scent is very sickly and your hair feels horrible if not rinsed out immediately. I find tis product does work better when dried by the sun but is also very effective when using a hair dryer. As for the packaging, I think this lightening spray looks very cheap and is extremely inpractical. As you can see by the photo below, the clasp meant to secure the spray has broken of meaning my bottle just leaks everywhere. However, overall a great buy.

You'll be glad to know theres only 2 products left. Sorry for rambling on so much I just have such alot to say about each product! The next thing I'll be reviewing is the Got 2b Beach Trippin' Salt Infusion Waving Spray. I found this product a big letdown. In the advertisement the girls that have 'used' the spray have very wavy, mermaid like hair whereas when you use this product at home, it merely waves your hair. I find that it just looks messy, not curly or wavy at all and feels horrible so overall, not a great product in my opinion.


Now moving on to my last hair care product, the Tresemme Freshstart Dry Shampoo for oily/straight to normal hair. I love this dry shampoo and think its the best one out there. I would even say it is better than the batiste dry shampoos as I often find they leave your hair looking a little grey and powdery whereas with this dry shampoo by Tresemme your hair looks clean and as good as new!


I'm sorry this post is so long but I wanted to cover alot of products. Thank you so much for reading! 

xoxo PinkCupcake xoxo

1 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Just Add Sparkle… Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos