Monday, 25 November 2013

Maybelline Coverstick Review

Posted by Olivia Jayne at 01:00
Hey guys,
Today I'm going to review the Maybelline Cover Sticks. I have recently purchased two of these as I wanted a cheap, stick concealer and had heard good things about these.


I purchased the Coverstick Concealer in Ivory and the Redness Corrector Coverstick from Target for just $4.99 each. I think this is a great price for a great product. 


I have to say that I hugely prefer the concealer in ivory than the Redness Corrector. I bought the Redness Corrector as I had heard great things about them, not by this brand imparticular but all round. As red and green are opposite each other on the colour wheel, they cancel each other out so by putting a green concealer over red areas of the face it cancels out redness to correct skin tone and reduce puffiness and redness of a spot or around the nose. You then put normal concealer over the top to finish the look. I really wanted one of these because I tend to get redness on my face especially in a morning, this Redness Corrector from Maybelline was the first I have seen so I jumped to get it. After using this product, I've found that it majorly turns your skin a blue-green colour even when concealer is applied on top so really, I think that average concealer works just the same. I'm not sure about other brands green concealers but as the Maybelline Coverstick Redness Corrector goes, I was largely disappointed. I also found that after only a couple uses, the stick had snapped making it very difficult to apply.


Despite my disappointment for the Redness Corrector, I love the Coverstick Concealer in ivory. I feel that for the price you purchase it for, it is a great concealer, it has great coverage and I think I prefer it to liquid concealers. I am thrilled with this concealer and I would recommend it.


Thank you for reading! What concealers would you recommend?

xoxo PinkCupcake xoxo



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Just Add Sparkle… Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos