Monday, 10 February 2014

Valentines Day Makeup Look

Posted by Olivia Jayne at 00:00
Hi guys,
So as you all know, Friday is Valentines Day! I personally don't have any plans :( but I know that lots of you will so today I'm going to give you a possible Valentines Day Makeup Look.

I have used mainly drugstore makeup in this video but a couple of high-end brands like mac. The products that I've used aren't very important anyway though, it's mainly how I've achieved the look. There will be dupes for all of my products used.


Products used:
Fresh Minerals Powder Foundation
Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder
Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer
Stila Blush
Mac Limited Edition Stroke of Midnight Eyeshadow Palette
Pink Eyeshadow (Sorry don't know the name)
Rimmel London Eyeliner
Maybelline Colossal Mascara
Covergirl Smoochies
Eyelash Curler
Real Techniques makeup brushes

Use a primer and apply all over your face.
1. Take a powder brush and work the powder foundation into your skin. Make sure you blend it into your hairline and neck so that you don't have a foundation line.

2. Use the sponge on the Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer to dab under your eyes and over any blemishes. Then take a foundation brush (I use a flat one) and pat the concealer onto your skin. The brush just gives more coverage for a more flawless finish.

3. Take the Rimmel Stay Matte powder and the same brush you used for your powder foundation and put it in your t-zone (Forehead and nose) and anywhere else you get oily.

4. Take your blush. (In my case I used a Stila blush) Then use a blush brush or I used the powder brush from earlier. Smile and apply to the apples of your cheeks.

5. Now would be the time to apply an eyeshadow primer but I just usually use my normal primer. Then take I take the lightest colour on my Mac palette (A light brown/cream) and apply it with a domed shadow brush all over your eyelid. This creates a base for your eyeshadow.

6. Now take a pink shadow and apply it over the top of the other colour.

7. Then I take the second colour of my Mac Palette (A shimmery gold) and apply it on the outer of your eyelid working your way in. This will create dimension to your eyelid and will almost have a neutral pink smokey look.

8. Then I take my black Rimmel Eyeliner and line my tight line. We don't want your eyes to look too black because this is just a very natural pink look for Valentines Day.

9. Then I curl my lashes and apply a coat of Maybellines Colossal Mascara and apply it to my top and bottom lashes.

10. Now I fill in my brows with Maybelline's Master shape Brow Pencil.

11. Finally I apply a pink Covergirl Smoochies to my lips and blend it in further with my middle finger.

That is the completed look! I hope it works out for you. It's quite a natural pink look and I think its ideal for Valentines Day. The pictures below show the Eye look I got:



Feel free to experiment and make this look your own. If you try this look send me a picture at:
pinkcupcake7blog@yahoo.com
or send me a picture of how you did your makeup for Valentines Day. I'd love to see how it turned out!

xoxo PinkCupcake xoxo

2 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Just Add Sparkle… Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos