Friday, 21 March 2014

How to: Making your own lipstick

Posted by Olivia Jayne at 00:00
So I saw this DIY on YouTube and I thought I would try it and share it with you. You know how I'm all about the DIY makeup products to save money, so I thought that if I could make my own lipsticks to the exact colour I want using ingredients around the house that it'd be great. I did two different methods of making this and personally I think the second one works better but here's what I did for the first one:

Ingredients:
• Crayons (these are non-toxic therefore safe to use)
• Vaseline (petroleum jelly)
• Olive oil
• A small container to keep it in. (I like to use an empty tealight)
• A pan and hot water or a candle 
• A glass jar
• a knife/spoon/fork

1. Firstly, choose the colours you would like to use and make sure your crayons are Non-Toxic. Otherwise, they are not safe to put on your lips.


2. Cut off a small amount of the crayon(s) to get the colour you want and put them in the glass jar.


3. Add a small scoop of Vaseline (petroleum jelly) into the jar. 



4. Add 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil into the jar.


5. Light your candle or turn the heat on the pan and place your glass jar over the top to allow the ingredients to melt. As they melt, stir hem together and add candles if necessary to make the colour you'd like.



6. Pour the mixture into the container. You could use a contact lense case, empty tealight, empty eyeshadow etc. let the mixture set and test out your lipstick! 




Method 2:

Ingredients:

  • Coconut Oil
  • Crayons (Non-Toxic)
  • Pan
  • Hot Water
  • Glass jar or bowl
  • Container to keep it in (I use tealights)
  • Knife

1. Put a pan on the stove and apply heat. Fill it with water.

2. Put half a teaspoon of coconut oil in your glass jar or bowl. You can add more for a more sheer, glossy lipstick or less for a more vivid colour.

3. Add however much crayon you want. You can mix colours and keep adding whilst stirring to get the exact colour you want.

4. Pour the liquid into your container and leave it to set.

Now you have your lipstick!




When cleaning the glass jar, wipe the mixture out don't clean it with water because it could clog your drains.

Thanks for reading! Do you have any tips on making makeup? 

Xoxo PinkCupcake xoxo
]

6 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Just Add Sparkle… Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos