Friday, 27 June 2014

Revlon Lip Butters Review

Posted by Olivia Jayne at 00:00
Hey everyone,

In March, you may remember me buying a Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya. Then in April I bought another one and also got 2 for my birthday. I have been using them quite a lot and so I have a review on them for you today.

What they claim:

  • Hydrating mango, shea and coconut butter formula boosts lip moisture by 156%
  • Pampering gel formula provides super charged hydration and glides on lips buttery smooth
  • Sheer to medium colour with buttery shades
  • Available in 20 luscious shades
These lip balms are extremely moisturising and hydrating. The formula is quite thick and so if you don't  like the feel of stickiness then I wouldn't recommend it to you. I agree that these are very sheer colours but you can still see the colour you bought it in. It is a very subtle colour especially in certain shades but  I like that about them.

The shade selection of these is very good. There are 20 shades which range from pinks to oranges to nudes however there are no reds. I have the shades Juicy Papaya which is a very sheer pastel orange/peach colour, Tutti Frutti which is probably the darkest shade. It is a very bright orange but you can sheer it out with only one coat. I love wearing this on my holidays as its such a pretty, bright colour. I also have Sugar Frosting which is a very subtle nude/pink colour and Strawberry Shortcake which is quite a bright pink. I borrow my best friends shade Pink Lemonade a lot and I really like that colour, it is a pale pink colour and is really pretty.
\

The colours these are available in are:

  • Wild Watermelon
  • Juicy Papaya
  • Sorbet
  • Pink Lemonade
  • Pink Truffle
  • Sugar Frosting
  • Raspberry Pie
  • Tutti Frutti
  • Peach Parfait
  • Fig Jam
  • Candy Apple
  • Red Velvet
  • Cotton Candy
  • Berry Smoothie
  • Cupcake
  • Lollipop
  • Strawberry Shortcake
  • Sugar Plum
  • Sweet Tart
  • Creme Brûlée

These lip balms smell quite nice and don't have much of a taste which can be good for a lot of people. These retail at £7.99 which is quite pricey for a drugstore lip balm. I do think that they are worth the money and I would suggest waiting for a time that they are on offer. They are often on 3 for 2 at Boots so I would suggest looking there. You can buy the Revlon Lip Butters here.

Overall Overview: ( /10)
Colour Range: 8
Scent: 8
Price: 6
Texture: 9

xoxo PinkCupcake xoxo

5 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Just Add Sparkle… Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos