Friday, 4 July 2014

Hair Care Routine for Extra Volume

Posted by Olivia Jayne at 00:00
My hair is very fine and can often look very flat. I recently purchased some new volumising products and thought I'd share my hair care routine with you today on how I make my hair look a bit thicker.


Whilst I am in the shower I use the Toni & Guy Cleanse Shampoo for Fine Hair. This is quite a pricey product at around £7 from most retailers. I do find that it adds volume which is what it is supposed to do but because its more expensive, I like to alternate between that and L'Oreal's Elvive Fibrology Thickening Shampoo and I also add the conditioner to the ends of my hair. I try to concentrate the shampoo at the roots of my hair where the hair will grow.

On my wet hair, I like to use some hair oil to keep my hair in good condition. I brush it through with a wide-tooth comb because using a brush breaks your hair and will make it look finer not thicker. A good tip is to use a t-shirt to dry your hair instead of a towel because it is less rough. Then I add the Leo Bancroft Simply Tousled Beach Wave Spray in the ends of my hair, scrunching as I do. This wave spray isn't the best but at only £4.00 I like it to add more volume and I think as my hair dries, it looks a little thicker with this spray. Then if I'm blowdrying my hair (which I would recommend for more volume) I add the John Frieda Sheer Blonde in the roots of my hair and add Treseme's heat protectant spray through my hair. I then blow-dry my hair with my head upside down as this adds more volume.

Once my hair is completely dry, if I want ultimate volume I add VO5's Give Me Texture products in the roots of my hair. It is important to only use a small amount as it makes your hair feels dirty and sticky.

If you want even more volume, I would recommend spraying a teasing comb with hairspray and teases the roots of your hair.

xoxo PinkCupcake xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Just Add Sparkle… Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos