Friday, 15 August 2014

Purple Makeup Look - Perfect for Hazel Eyes

Posted by Olivia Jayne at 00:00
I love a purple eye look considering my eyes are hazel so today I am going to show you a look that I used to create a gorgeous purple eye. I don't have a photo of the finished eye look because the ones I took really didn't do it justice but I'll coach you through step-by-step how I achieved it. This look really reminded me of Aria out of Pretty Little Liars Makeup. She often wears purples as she has hazel/green eyes. 



I started by taking the colour Faint out of my Naked Basics palette and dusted it over the lid and into the crease in a windscreen wiper motion with a blending, fluffy brush. This will create a nice base for the shadows and help them to blend together.


Then I dusted a mixture of these two shades of purple from my Wet N Wild Petal Pusher Eyeshadow palette. I didn't have the perfect lilac shade for all over the lid but mixing these two worked. Any lilac shade will do though. I did this with a flat shadow brush to pack as much colour on the lid as possible.


Then I took MACs Nocturnelle shadow and dusted this over the outer half of my lid and in the crease. It is important to blend this colour very well to eliminate any harsh lines and create a nice transition from the lilac. Also use a big fluffy, blending brush to really work this colour into your lid.


Finally I took this shade from the same Wet N Wild palette and blended a small amount of this in the edge of my lid just to deepen the colour. Use your blending brush to blend it all together. 

You could add black liner or even a small amount of purple liner to this look or a highlight and mascara but I just thought I'd tell you how I got the shadow look. I hope you enjoyed it, I think I will start doing more looks for certain eye colours because my post on which colours suit your eyes was so popular. I also might do some celebrity looks too.

xoxo PinkCupcake xoxo

1 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Just Add Sparkle… Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos