Thursday, 18 December 2014

Christmas Day Makeup Look

Posted by Olivia Jayne at 00:00
Whether  you are going to a Christmas party or out for a meal on Christmas Day, makeup will be a big part of your look and I was trying out some looks for Christmas Day and this is the one I decided on.


1. Firstly, I took Benefit's The PoreFessional and smoothed it all over my face with my fingers.


2. Next I used a buffing brush to buff Rimmel's True Match Foundation into my skin. This foundation provides a medium-higher coverage which is more ideal for Christmas Day as there will probably be lots of photos being taken.


3. I left my face makeup for now and went to my eyes as we will use pigments and they can be quite messy. I used a Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush and smeared Maybelline's Colour Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze across my lids. I took it slightly higher than I usually would.


4. I then used a MAC Limited Edition palette from last year and took Amber Lights and applied that on top of the Colour Tattoo. If you are on a budget, a good alternative to these MAC shadows is Sleek's Neutral palette, it has similar colours.



5. I then used the colour Mulch and a flat eyeshadow brush and applied this in the crease of my lid and also to the outer-v.

6. This part of the look is optional but on Christmas Day I wanted to use it, I took MAC's Melon pigment and pressed it onto my lid.


7. Next I took the colour Nougat from the Sleek Palette and put it in the inner corner of my lid.


8. Since I am not the best at eyeliner on my upper lash line, I decided to take the safer option and use the black called Noir in the Sleek Palette on a Real Techniques angled brush and took it on my upper lash line. I then blended it out slightly.

9. Now I took Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliner in Lucky and applied it messily on my lower lash line and then smudged it out with an eyeshadow brush. I also applied a Rimmel black eyeliner on my waterline.



10. I used two mascaras to create extra volume. I like these two mascaras as the don't look too dramatic and are still quite natural. I took Model Co's Fibre Lash Xtend on my upper and lower lashes and then applied Bourjois' Ultra Volume Mascara on my upper lashes. I also filled in my brows with the MAC 266 and Milani's Brow Kit.




11. Now I went back to my face makeup and applied Collecions Lasting Perfection Concealer under my eyes and MAC's Pro-Longwear concealer on any blemishes. I used Real Techniques Contour Brush to blend it out.


12. Now I bronzed up my face and contoured slightly using NYC's Sunny Bronzer with a Real Techniques Blush Brush. I applied it heavily in the hollows of my cheeks, temples and jawline.


13. Instead of blush, I used Benefit's 10 bronzer and highlight combined.


14. I went with a red lip so I used my Maybelline Red Lip Liner and then Rimmel's Kate Moss Lipstick in 01.



I hope you try out and enjoy this look!
xoxo


2 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Just Add Sparkle… Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos