Saturday, 11 July 2015

A Fun Summer

Posted by Olivia Jayne at 07:02
So since I finished exams in June, I had a lot of free time before I went on holiday in July. With friends still having exams and my sister still being at school, a lot of days I found myself stuck on what to do. Today I'm sharing a few ideas of what to do in the summer if you're not going on holiday.

1. Limit the time you spend on the Internet
I have to say, when it comes to being glued to your phone instead of getting out and making plans, I'm definitely guilty. With social networks and games and all the other fun things to do on my phone and laptop and the Internet in general, I found myself sat at home on those all day when I could be enjoying my summer. I decided that limiting the amount of time you spend on your devices can be a great way to begin to be more active and make more plans. Keep it to one or two hours a day and then you find yourself using your time on your phone more wisely and overall, having a much better day. 

2. Pick up a book 
Now this obviously isn't the most social thing to do but on days when Mayen everybody is busy and you find yourself retreating to your bed or the TV, it's good to pick up a book and read.

3. Get some fresh air and go for a walk! 
This is one of my favourite things to do in the summer. Whether it's with friends or on your own, walking is a great way to clear your mind and get some fresh air. Listen to some music or take some photos of the beautiful scenery around you. I've found that this summer I've been on lots of walks with friends and found that it's been a much better use of my time than sitting inside. 


4. Get Creative
This summer, I decided to make a scrapbook. Even the days when my friends came round or I went out for the day, I made sure to take lots of photos and keep things like tickets and reciepts to make a scrapbook of my summer. I find this a really fun and relaxing way to make memories. 

5. Make a summer playlist
Every year I make a playlist of the songs that remind me of that summer- the songs on the radio, the songs from parties... Just all the songs that remind me of that year. 

6. Plan a day out with friends 
I am proud to say I actually did this this year and instead of staying in, I planned trips to the seaside and shopping with my friends and found it to be a really fun way to enjoy the summer. We caught buses and trains and overall it was a nice way to have fun without your parents having to ferry you around all the time. 


7. A Netflix Day
Alternatively, if a day out to the seaside is out of your budget, have a movie day with your friends. I actually had a Netflix day with my boyfriend, complete with pizza and ice cream and it was a really fun day watching films and just relaxing. Or tie it in with a pamper day with your girl friends.. Either way, it's a fun day... Just don't fill the summer with them everyday! 


8. Have a BBQ/Pool Day
I never actually got around to doing this but I wanted a pool day (even if that is just an inflatable paddling pool) complete with a BBQ and fun games like twister. 



These were the ways that I have so far made my summer more productive than just sitting around watching TV. What are your ideas? 

Xoxo






4 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Just Add Sparkle… Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos