Monday, 13 July 2015

My Current Favourite Makeup Look - A Purple Eye

Posted by Olivia Jayne at 00:00
Recently I've been trying to wear more makeup on a daily basis, I'm usually the type of person to wear minimal, natural makeup but I'm trying to venture out and use more of my collection. I love the look I've been doing recently so I thought I'd share it today and write a little bit about the products as I go.

1. First I like to use Rimmel's Match Perfection Foundation. I like this foundation as it provides higher coverage than I would usually go for however it still feel silky and lightweight on the skin. I buff that in with either my Real Techniques Buffing Brush or sometimes I'll use a slightly fluffier one to work it into the skin for a flawless finish.


2. I then like to start my eye makeup whilst letting the foundation sink into my skin. I don't always use eyeshadows if I'm going to school or just wanting a natural look but when I do I like to incorporate purples and neutral shades to compliment my hazel eyes. I sometimes prime my eyes with MAC's painterly paint pot and then pat the shade "Walking on  Egg Shells" from Urban Decay's Naked Basics Palette all over the lid. Then I take MAC's Blackberry shadow and use the MAC 217 brush to buff it into the outer edge of my lid, building up the purple shade. I then like to take either MAC's Wedge eyeshadow or Faint from UD Naked Basics palette and work it into my crease.




3. Next I'll take a brown eyeliner, I love my one from Bourjois and I tighten my lashes and run a bit under my lower lash line for an intensified effect. I find that using a brown eyeliner makes the look more wearable for the daytime and looks slightly more natural than dramatic black liner. I also run a little of MAC's Blackberry shadow under my lower lash line to about half way to tie in the purple even more.


4. I've been loving Bourjois' Ultra Volume Curl mascara recently so I curl my lashes and run a few coats of that through my lashes. This mascara provides both length and volume whilst seperating the lashes too. I don't tend to use mascara on the bottom lashes but when I do, I slightly dot a little of Maybelline's The Rocket, I like to wipe the wand first to allow the bottom lashes not to be too long and clogged up. I prefer using plastic wand applicators to apply to the bottom lashes because I find that they work better and I also like to use a waterproof mascara on the lower lashes to prevent smudges and running throughout the day.


5. Now I go back to the face and I use Maybelline's Age Rewind Concealer under my eyes and blend it in with a Real Techniques Contour Brush. I use MAC's Prolongwear concealer or Collection Lasting Perfection concealer on any blemishes I may have and use my finger to dot it into my skin. Using the same RT Contour Brush, I like to take some of Rimmel's Stay Matte powder on my skin, under my eyes and all over to set the makeup without looking cakey. I like to use the transparent powder because I find that it does just that, its not visible on the skin but provides a matte, long-lasting finish.


6. Using Benefit's Hoola Bronzer, I like to take this in the hollows of my cheeks and a little on the forehead and jawline just to slightly contour without doing anything dramatic. I like a natural contour so I use a large tapered Real Techniques Blush Brush to do this step. I also sometimes run the bronzer across my cheekbones if I want a natural sun kissed glow.


7. Using either Wet N Wild's Reserve Your Cabana "Bronzer" (Really its  a highlighter) or Benefit's High Beam and pat that with my middle finger on my cupids bow, brow bone and directly above the cheek contour shade. I've not been using much blush recently because I've been going for a more bronzed look.


8. Now I fill in my brows using Soap & Glory's Brow Archery and the felt tip side to draw tiny strokes in my brows. I don't like to fill them in too strong so this is the perfect product for that natural but filled in brow look.


9. Finally I use a lip balm or Soap & Glory's Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in Nudist and spray my face with MAC's Fix+ to set my makeup into place for the day.

Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of the completed look but I will try and include it in my favourites post once I have done this look again. 

I realise that this is a lot of makeup to use but I don't use it everyday, only on the days when I want a more put-together look. This doesn't take as long either because I use very little of each product. I have used a lot of high-end makeup products from MAC, Benefit and Urban Decay in this look so I am going to do another more affordable Drugstore look soon.

xoxo

Related Reviews:

Rimmel Foundations Comparison/Review - http://pinkcupcake7.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/rimmel-foundations-comparisonsreview.html
Real Techniques Brushes Review - http://pinkcupcake7.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/real-techniques-brushes-review.html
MAC Painterly Paint Pot: Worth The Hype? - http://pinkcupcake7.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/mac-painterly-paint-pot-review-worth.html
Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette Review - http://pinkcupcake7.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/urban-decay-naked-basics-palette-review.html
Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer Review - http://pinkcupcake7.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/maybelline-age-rewind-concealer-review.html
MAC Prolongwear Concealer Review - http://pinkcupcake7.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/macs-pro-longwear-concealer-review.html
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer Review - http://pinkcupcake7.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/collection-lasting-perfection-concealer.html
Benefit Hoola Bronzer Worth The Hype? - http://pinkcupcake7.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/worth-hype-benefit-hoola-bronzer.html
Benefit High Beam Review - http://pinkcupcake7.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/benefit-high-beam-review.html
Lip Crayon Comparison - http://pinkcupcake7.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/lip-crayon-comparison.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Just Add Sparkle… Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos